Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

As you probably know, I’ve been considering the whole M-dot tattoo issue for a while now…even before I did the race. I just couldn’t decide whether I needed a permanent tribute to the event on my body.

Inspired by my teammate Kat, at the race expo I purchased a bunch of temporary m-dot tattoos.

I was pretty psyched about wearing my tattoo, which I put on the outside of my left ankle. I felt really cool. Even if nobody saw it (hello, winter!) and those who might see it at the gym probably don’t know what it is.

After a few weeks I stopped wearing it for a while. I decided to put one on for my (post-Goofy, Disney) cruise. And then came formal portrait night.

The next day, one quick look at the photo gave me the answer I was searching for. Tattoos are not for me. At least not ones that can’t be hidden by normal clothing. I just didn’t like this big red thing on my ankle with my cute little dress and shoes.

So that’s that. I will consider putting it somewhere less obvious, but I think I am happy with my pretty m-dot pendant, my collection of Ironman gear (see my cute visor!?) and my IRONCAT license plate.


Some casual shots along side the water in Nassau, Bahamas.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great idea to try the temporary tattoos, it would be a drag to come to that same realization after you had already been inked! Cute sundress by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete