Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fundraising

The 7 days since I decided to officially register for Ironman Florida feel like forever. In some ways it just feels very natural. Like this is something I just need to do. That is, as long as I don’t think about how far the swim is, or how long I will be competing. When I do that, I am once again certain that I have completely lost my mind.

As I mentioned before, I registered for the race through the the Community Fund. That means that $775 of my $1300 registration fee is designated for the North American Sports Community Foundation. The Foundation helps those in the community who support Ironman events, with a heavy emphasis on providing sports opportunities for children.

I am asking you help me raise money for the part my entry fee that goes to the charity. However, it is my hope that we can go above and beyond this level and raise much more than $775.

As many of you know, I volunteer for a local charity called Doorways for Women and Families. Doorways' operates two shelters in Arlington for victims of domestic violence and homeless families. It is a remarkable organization and I have seen first hand the impact that they have on their clients and the community. Therefore, any money that I raise above $775 I will give directly to Doorways. My goal is to donate at least $1000 to them.


I am really thrilled to be embarking on this journey and truly appreciate the support of my wonderful family and friends. If you would like to donate to my cause, please click on the link below to use paypal. If you would prefer another method, please contact me. I will certainly not refuse cash, checks, food, hugs, etc.

Thank you so much!!!! You have no idea how much your support means to me.


For more info on Doorways for Women and Families: http://www.doorwaysva.org/ or the Ironman Community Fund: http://www.nasports.com/commfund/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment