Monday, April 20, 2009

Quick Update

The brick-nic on Saturday was a success. I was not as speedy as I was hoping, but the bike course was less arduous than I remembered it being last year. I am still no speed demon, but I think it would not be unfair to say that I have improved. Progress!

The run was tougher than I remember, though. It was warmer, which may have been a factor. I shuffled along for much of it, but I couldn’t get my heart rate to stay down. Anytime I approached anything close to a jog my heart rate seriously shot up. That’s a problem. I have emailed my coach about that.

The popliteus is still an issue. Grrrr. I am learning to work through it, though I know that is not the right answer. I know, I know…I should ice it. But it doesn’t hurt right nowwwww.

Oh, and yes, hot dog attained. Ironically, I wasn’t really hungry and forced myself to eat it. I can think of worse things to eat when you don’t feel like eating.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment