Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ready to Go

Up super early this morning because I am READY to conquer it. It being my first half ironman triathlon - the Musselman tri. I am in upstate NY (Geneva/Seneca Falls) with my mom who lives up here. I'm currently eating a bagel and drinking some OJ as I wrap my head around today's task.

Strangely, I am pretty calm about it all. I am most nervous about the logistics of getting there and even more concerened about the impact on the day on my mom, who doesn't get around as easily as I do. She's a trooper though. The situation does serve as a good reminder that at a minimum I should be incredibly grateful that I CAN even endeavor to do a triathlon.

So here it goes. There is no written race plan. It is all in my head. Stay calm in the water, stay in zone 2 throughout (at least to the extent that I can given I can't seem to find a working HRM), have fun, practice nutrition, and get it done.

I am READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment