Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Clarendon Day 10k

Here is my shortest race report ever.

This race was not on the schedule but I couldn’t resist signing up. It started in my neighborhood. Five miles easy was on my training schedule… At the time I thought “well, that isn’t that different from 6.2 miles…raced.”

Yeah, I know, it is different.

It was a good event. Although it was advertised as "downhill and flat" there were some little uphills.

I set a PR: 57:16. I’m happy with that.

I expected to set a PR. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have only done 2 10ks before and neither of those were ideal conditions. One was on a hot (86 degree) summer evening and the other was cool, rainy, and uphill. So I was destined to succeed.

Although it would have been better to go into this build week (and next weekend’s half Ironman – a training day) with rested legs, if I had it to do all over again I would do the race again. That’s just the kind of crazy girl I am.

1 comment: